Some time has passed now and we realized how much we have been working, and how we haven’t updated you on any of the progress!
AppCell is soon coming on in full capacity. Till then, here are the answers to some questions you may have been having about the software.
What does AppCell do?
Imagine your entire business is operated and handled by one centralized system.
When integrated into such a main system, AppCell provides businesses the use of third party vendors for selling purposes. It standardizes the vendor processes and allows them to work faster and more efficiently together. All of this, without coupling, modifying the main software source, or hard-coding plugins.
What does AppCell consist of?
AppCell is an integrative software, which incorporates a plugin-based structure. This structure is accomplished through various manageable vendor micro-software, called Cells.
The Cell is a micro-software developed to connect a third-party vendor (e.g. cPanel, ResellerClub, etc.) to standardized AppCell actions. It will translate AppCell commands to vendor-specific business logic.
When configured together, the cells create Plugins.
The Plugin is an abstract configuration of required actions and workers, which it executes. It comprises one or more Cells as per the purpose it follows. AppCell plugins incorporate hybrid functions without hard coding or additional configuration, once initially developed.
How does AppCell work?
AppCell cannot operate on its own. It must be integrated into a main system/platform. It communicates with the central system through the AMQP protocol. When AppCell-related requests are generated, the system supplies them as predefined commands to the AppCell software, and in return AppCell distributes these requests to the specific vendors (cells).
Thanks to its core logic, AppCell is the only software that can read and execute such requests. It’s completely autonomous in terms of network communication between the individual components of the main system. It also doesn’t require for that system to be additionally configured to comprehend any of the AppCell-specific requests, to undergo changes in the programming code, or to understand and operate the separate components of the software, either.
The Plugin itself is a configuration of the specific Cells that need to carry out certain tasks. Thanks to the AMQP, the Cells don’t need to be uploaded to a local server, as their location is not of importance. They can be called at any moment from any server.
Moreover, all process executions are monitored. This means that in case one of the processing steps fails, the system will not start from the beginning, instead it will retry the failed step and progress from there. In other words, all Cell output is saved in order for the cache to be generated.
What are AppCell’s unique characteristics?
AppCell’s design allows it to be flexible and is currently one-of-a-kind software in the world.
- AppCell doesn’t include hard coded plugins, which allows for their easy configuration, transition, migration, and integration.
- AppCell is language-agnostic. It works with various centralized systems and plugins, no matter the programming language they would be based on (PHP, Java, Python, CSS, C++, etc.).
- AppCell operates through intermediary mini-software which effortlessly translate and support the entire communication process.
- AppCell can standardize vendors’ operation patterns and unify their communication with the main software. The vendor cells then work in one single framework, which pushes a unified way of system processing.
- It ships the individual UI of all services, which makes the transition between plugins’ execution effortless.
- It incorporates error-handling and retry strategy, where failed processes retry for a successful result from the actual failed step.
- Cells aren’t actually a part of Billia and AppCell can be integrated into any other main software for it to benefit from all the Plugins.
- Administrators can modify the Plugins and their actions’ payload, without risking damage to the programming code.
..and many more!
How can AppCell help my business?
AppCell provides numerous benefits for improving the business:
- Eases the process of acquiring clients by providing desired and easy-to-use functionalities;
- Assists in system management by being easily configurable, where Administrators can even modify plugin structures, without risking damaging the system code;
- It decreases business costs by providing quick go-to market time, and moreover, not restricting the development/configuration processes to any specific programming languages or frameworks;
- It allows one software to communicate with multiple others without coupling, modification of the source code of the central software, or hard-coding any plugins;
- It ensures that one error during the provisioning process will not corrupt the entire system or end result;
- It provides the opportunity for a vast pool of products and vendor services to be offered in eCommerce markets, etc.
How can I get AppCell?
We look forward to discussing with you how AppCell and Billia can best bring your business to the next level!